Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Project #4 - Comments4Teachers

C4T#4, comment 1

I had the opportunity of reading Dianne Krause's blog titled "A Whole New Diannne". The title of her most recent post is named "Daily Digital Discoveries" posted on April 4, 2014. Ms. Krause provides her audience some resources and tools for educators and students to better enhance and enrich their skills and abilities. The first resource she provided is a link to a tutorial on how to properly format an MLA document in Google docs. The second resource she provided is ways to protect individuals when posting on social media. There are a lot of inappropriate sites out there, and it's important to be educated on what you should and should not post. It is key when using social media to apply good grammar and punctuation as well as present substantive information. It's essential not to post spam or pretend you are someone else. The third resource she provided gives insight into what is "gamification" is and how it applies to 21st century learning. Gamification allows for students to express their creativity and innovation in the classroom and the idea focuses on independent learning. This approach also focuses on rewarding students when they achieve goals. We want our students to be motivated and excited about learning I believe this method is productive in doing just that. In my post to Ms. Krause, I let her know that I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I let Ms. Krause know that her blog post intrigued me because it provided me with some resources and tools, which I can utilize in my future classroom. I told her I believe it's necessary for educators to allow students to express their own knowledge, skills, values, and opinions in the classroom. I also informed her that educators should be continuous learners. Exploring and investigating new technological tools and devices is productive, and it's beneficial for educators to implement them into the curriculum.


man on computer photo


C4T#4, comment 2

I had the opportunity of reading Dianne Krause's blog titled "A Whole New Diannne". The title of her most recent post is named "Daily Digital Discoveries" posted on April 22, 2014. Ms. Krause provides her audience about information on flipped classroom professional development. A synopsis of a flipped classroom professional development is the idea of creating and enhancing projects in appropriate settings. Communication is important because it allows educators and students to collaborate and share thoughts and ideas. Flipped classroom professional development allows for more creativity and innovation in the learning and planning process. In my post to Ms. Krause, I informed her that I believe it's essential to allow students and educators to share their thoughts and ideas in and outside of the classroom. I also informed Ms. Krause that I believe it's important to incorporate technology into our classrooms and provide our students with all of the necessary tools and resources. I concluded my post by thanking Ms. Krause for providing me with valuable tools and resources that I can implement into my future classroom.

kids coloring photo

No comments:

Post a Comment