Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Project #4 - Comments4Teachers


C4T#1, comment 1

I had the opportunity of reading Jarrod Robinson's blog post on thepegeek.com. The title of his most recent post is named "PE, Literacy & The Arts" posted on December 22, 2013. A synopsis of his post gives details of his new app called 'Active Kids Coloring'. This app allows for students to be active as well as develop their art and literacy skills. Basically, the students color a particular animal and then the animal encourages the students to engage in physical activity. The whole idea allows for students to have fun while engaging in physical exercise. Motivation is another key because some students are not up to exercising when they get home, and this app allows exercise to be an enjoyable experience. I believe as teachers it's important not only to teach our students, but to motivate them, as well. Another responsibility as an educator is that we allow our students to express their creativity as well as their own knowledge, skills, values, and opinions. His post gave me some insight about how technology is changing the way educators instruct. A summary of my post to Coach Robinson consists of me introducing myself and my objectives as well as offering my thoughts on his blog post. I shared with him my thoughts about how technology is a way for teachers to educate and motivate their students about learning and staying active. I was immensely intrigued by the app he and his team created. It not only improves literacy skills, but it encourages students to partake in physical activity. I also informed him about how I love how the app uses animals to develop students' artistic skills. I also opined about why I decided to pursue the profession of becoming a teacher. My passion is to educate as well as inspire the youth of today to live active and healthy lives. I concluded by saying I thought this app is both productive and fun and that I would share it with my future students.

C4T#1, comment 2

I had the opportunity of reading Jarrod Robinson's blog post on thepegeek.com. The title of his most recent post is named "iPads in PE Workshop in Thailand" posted on January 31, 2014. A synopsis of his post gives details about a workshop he is hosting in Thailand. The purpose of this workshop is to educate current physical education instructors about the benefits of using technology in the classroom or gym. One of the resources mentioned in his post is the use of an iPad. From my own personal experience of using an iPad, I found many apps centered around encouraging and motivating students to engage in physical activity. I also believe it's important for educators to articulate to their students about the importance of eating healthy. Technology is changing how educators instruct in the 21st century. As educators, we must inspire as well as teach our students in a way that is beneficial to them. As an educator, I will incorporate technology into my curriculum through the use of an iPad or iPod. Educators who attend this workshop will engage in hands-on experience with technological devices as well as improve their knowledge and understanding of what it means to be an instructor in the 21st century. A summary of my post to Coach Robinson consists of me introducing myself and my objectives as well as offering my thoughts on his blog post. I was very intrigued by the idea of him hosting a workshop dedicated to instructing educators about using new ways of technology in the classroom. The idea of the workshop taking place in Thailand is fascinating. I also complimented him about educating educators about new ways of technology in the classroom through hands-on experience. I thanked for the many resources he has provided me and the hope that he will check out my blog.

ipad photo

No comments:

Post a Comment