Thursday, January 16, 2014

Practice Post

Hello, my name is William Taylor, and I am a sophomore, majoring in physical education. I am originally from Mobile, but I moved across the bay to Daphne when I was sixteen. I have one brother named Charles and two sisters named Alice and Duffie. I love living across the bay because I am so close to the beach. I love the beach, and I try to go as often as I can. I love spending time outdoors as well as playing basketball. After high school I attended Faulkner State for two years and then I decided to transfer to South. I am enjoying South so far, and I am meeting a lot of new people.

My family is a big part of my life. I love spending time with them any chance I get. One interest of mine is Auburn football. I love attending Auburn football games. I love the city of Auburn as well. It's a beautiful city with lots of things to do. My brother and I had the opportunity to attend a few games this year, and all of the were exciting. Another interest of mine is that I am an avid runner. My exercise regiment consists of 2 miles a day, 6 days a week and also some light weight training.

I have always been told by those I love to help and inspire others. And that is the main reason I choose the field of education. For myself, I have always enjoyed working with kids. I was a camp counselor at the YMCA for three summers, and I must say they were some of the best days of my life. Working and interacting with the youth of today has always been a passion of mine. My dreams are to one day to be able to work in an elementary school and educate and inspire students to love physical activity and also to eat healthy.

A couple interesting things about myself is that I love old cinema. A few of my favorite films are Gone with the Wind and Driving Miss Daisey. When I was younger I used to watch old films with my grandmother. A couple of our favorites were Goldfinger and The Godfather. Personally, I miss the elegance and style of old films.

goldfinger photo

No comments:

Post a Comment